Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce the massive Snowstorm game event featuring free content updates and deals for all Tripwire Interactive games. The quick summary is:
- 4 stunning new maps for Killing Floor, from the winners of the Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition.
- Defense Alliance 2 – a free total conversion mod for Killing Floor, featuring team-based futuristic combat. And more zombies, too.
- A huge update for the Mare Nostrum mod for Red Orchestra
- A price reduction on Red Orchestra to $9.99, with a weekend sale at $4.99 (a further 50% off) from Friday through Monday 14th December
- AND 2 Guest Passes for all owners of Killing Floor
Firstly, this Killing Floor update features four of the top maps from the Killing Floor Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition:
- KF-Icebreaker – Winner of the $10,000 grand prize in the mapping competition and one of the most ambitious, creative, and visually stunning Killing Floor maps ever made,
- KF-Departed – Winner of second place in the final wave of the mapping competition, Departed is a visually impressive level set in an industrial city area outside of London..
- KF-Crash – Winner of third place in the final wave of the mapping competition, Crash is an impressive remake of a classic custom map for the original Killing Floor mod.
- KF-FilthsCross – Winner of second place in Wave 1 of the mapping competition, Filth’s Cross is both incredibly fun and intense.
Defense Alliance 2 is a total conversion mod for Killing Floor featuring team based futuristic FPS game play. DA2 blends fast paced action with class based tactics to create an experience that is instantly enjoyable while still offering very deep gameplay. Two teams face off in attack/defend scenarios where the attackers must complete their objectives before time runs out. The mod features six different classes: Medic, Mechanic, Rocketeer, Machine Gunner, Sniper and the Rifleman, each with their own special abilities. Players can set up their own turrets such as cannons, miniguns, and rocket turrets, place ammo boxes, heal other players, use EMP grenades and rocket launchers against turrets, and more.
In addition to the regular DA2 gameplay mode, Defense Alliance 2 for Killing Floor now features a new gameplay mod called Co-op Specimen Survival. A small group of players are set against waves of specimens. Players can use turrets and mines to build up their defense then have a limited amount of respawns with which to defeat the waves of incoming specimens. You can find the video and download details on the Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/901098/.
Mare Nostrum brings the British Commonwealth to Red Orchestra, focusing on the deserts and towns of North Africa and the surrounding Mediterranean. A trailer is available on the Steam web page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/1230/), along with screen shots and more information. Now you can play as British, Polish, Australian and Italian troops, with a huge range of additional features:
- 26 all-new Steam achievements.
- 14 new infantry weapons, such as the ever-distinctive Thompson submachine gun, Bren machine gun, Beretta 1934 pistol, and the SMLE rifle.
- Full Italian and Polish localizations.
- Over 20 new crewable vehicles including the Italian Carro Armato M13/40 and Semovente 75/18, countered with multiple Valentine tank variants, plus the Stuart I, Matilda II and Vickers Mk VIB.
- 12 new maps, including:
- Crete — Fallschirmjäger units dropping into the midst of Australian defenders in this classic battle.
- Ancona Approach — The Fallschirmjäger are back in action, this time defending against the Polish advance in eastern Italy.
- Gazala Line — Desert tank warfare does not get bigger than this. Start your engines and prepare for total war.
- Road To Tunis — The war in North Africa is almost over, but the British must first push the Axis tanks from one last mountain valley to reach Tunis.
- Tobruk Central — The Australian defenders have been under siege for longer than they can remember, how much longer will they be able to hold out?
- Bardia — The Italian garrison is surrounded, but they will not give us this cliff top town and its valuable port without a struggle.
So whether it is the North African campaign, roaming the deserts in the armoured vehicle of your choice or the bitter fighting in Crete and mainland Italy, new and old players alike will get a chance to see why RO remains a classic. Now with the opportunity to re-play those battles RO-style, courtesy of Mare Nostrum! For more information on the mod (and to see the trailer) head to the Steam page at http://store.steampowered.com/app/1230/.
And, of course, some screenshots to go with it: