Its Halloween and time for the Killing Floor Hillbilly Horrors to be let loose on the world again. This year, they have taken over Martel Halliday’s Freight Yard, turning it into a Killing Floor Fright Yard. Free, as always, is the new map, in both Objective Mode and Wave Mode, along with new achievements, another chance to unlock the Chickenator and the Grim Reaper characters AND the Portal 2 Potato achievements.
New DLC, as well, naturally:
- Reggie the Rocker premium DLC character, mumbling and stumbling his way around the world, waving big guns
- Camo Weapon Pack: we’ve had enough of bling, so we went with camo this time. Including the perfect camo for the zombie apocalypse: splatter camo.
- Us and Them Weapon Pack: 2 new Horzine prototype weapons and 2 weapons “by the people, for the people”!
And, to help you persuade your friends, the game will be 75% off during the Halloween period (50% off all DLC).
Here we go – a whole WEEK of Killing Floor, completely free. Get your friends to try out the new Objective Mode, new map, summer monsters… AND an 80% discount on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/). Go get it!
Those crazy circus freaks have infested the world of Killing Floor once again for the Summer Sideshow: Pier of Pain event, hosted in Ringmaster Lockheart’s Steamland. And this time they’ve brought a completely new game type with them – Objective Mode. But that’s not all! We have a whole pile of extras for you all, for NO money down:
- All new game type: Objective Mode features story driven gameplay with objectives to complete while battling the zeds!
- The new map, Steamland, playable in both the new Objective Mode and Wave Mode!
- Objective Mode added to the Killing Floor SDK, so mappers can now create their own story-based maps.
- New unlockable event character: Steampunk Mrs. Foster! Unlock here during the event while you can!
- Additional achievements for the new game mode and new level.
- Another opportunity to unlock Steampunk Mr. Foster during the event.
- For everyone who owns Rising Storm (http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510) – the Rising Storm Tommy Gun.
- All FREE to everyone who owns the game!
And, so everyone who doesn’t own the game can try the new mode, Killing Floor will be available to download and play, for NO money (that is f-r-e-e), from 4th July through to 11th July. That is a whole week to try it out. And, to encourage everyone even further, the game will be on sale during the period of the free week, at an 80% discount.
But wait! There’s more! We are also bringing you a new DLC character, to keep the original Mr. Foster company – Mrs. Foster! Plus a second Gold Weapons Pack for all those who like their weapons blinged out. And as if that wasn’t enough – a Steampunk-themed Community Weapons Pack will also be available, to match with the whole Steampunk theme of the Summer Event. Remember, you can only unlock Mr and Mrs Foster during the Summer Sideshow event – so don’t wait! If that is all a lot to take in at one go take a look at the event web page: http://summer2013.killingfloorthegame.com.
And the screenshots, of course:
For those watching what is happening on the OUYA console, here is a little bit of news: http://www.ouya.tv/tripwire-confirms-new-killing-floor-game-coming-to-ouya/
We’ve been working with Robin Flodin and his team at Gaming Corps in Sweden, responsible for the silliness that is “Dwarfs!?”, on a spinoff from mainstream Killing Floor. We’ve been wanting to explore couch gaming, following on from the success on multi-player and co-op games and, frankly, are really fascinated to see where OUYA can go with a $99 console. So we thought we’d build a game for it, which is where this one comes in to play. Known internally as “Calamity” (we reckon we need a good name for it, so lets hear them on the forums), we went with a top-down style, so that we can get 4 players AND a ton of zeds on screen at once, on lower-spec hardware. The tech is pretty much done, so we’re going to spend the next few months on the gameplay, balance, fun and polish. Expect to see more details and media over the coming weeks and months!
Tripwire Interactive and the Rising Storm Team are delighted to announce the start of the pre-purchase period for Rising Storm, the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. Rising Storm focuses on the island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific Theater of World War 2 and the brutal and intense combat between the US Army and Marine Corps forces and the Imperial Japanese Army. Naturally, there are benefits to pre-purchasing the game – a 15% discount and immediate access to the Rising Storm Beta! Head for the STEAM STORE PAGE!
Includes 2 new Killing Floor characters, fresh from the beaches of Iwo Jima… Ricky Vegas and Hayako Tanaka.
- “Precision, authenticity and thick danger… making it so absurdly fun” – PC Gamer, May 2013
- “a tactical, intense, harrowing multiplayer experience like none other.” – OXCGN, May 2013
- “very accessible realism” – Gamespot, April 2013