Tripwire Interactive President to Appear on CROSSHAIRS Webcast
This Saturday, 16th October, at 3pm EST, Tripwire Interactive President John “Ramm-Jaeger” Gibson will be making a special appearance on the CROSSHAIRS webcast. CROSSHAIRS is BASHandSlash.com’s live talk show. Its goal is to provide a medium for gamers to exchange their views on all the highly charged FPS subjects of the day. Topics for discussion include Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, Killing Floor and whatever else the CROSSHAIRS hosts throw at him. Additionally John will be taking questions from fans in the CROSSHAIRS chat room during the webcast. Want to ask the developers questions about one of the most hotly anticipated shooters of 2011? This is your chance. So head over to the CROSSHAIRS webpage this Saturday to catch the webcast!!
We are happy to announce the release of the latest FREE content pack for Killing Floor, containing 4 maps, a new weapon for the Firebug – the MAC-10, firing incendiary bullets for the Firebug – plus a bunch of balance changes and exploit fixes. The free Incendiary Content Pack gives a big boost to the Firebug perk in the form of a brand new weapon – the MAC-10. This submachine gun not only packs a punch with a high rate of fire and .45 caliber rounds, but for the Firebug will also fire incendiary ammo that will make his enemies do the fire dance. With this the Firebug now has his own personal close-range weapon. Also included in the content pack are four new maps that were selected from the best maps entered in the Grindhouse map making competition. These maps have been given the “Tripwire Treatment” and have been polished up and made official. And to celebrate the release Tripwire will be offering a 50% discount on Killing Floor and the existing DLC character packs through Sunday 10th October 2010.
First off – some screenshots, to save everyone scrolling down:
The “PostMortem” DLC Character Pack will bring you four new playable characters for the game. The DLC will be available to purchase over Steam or in-game, to anyone who already owns a copy of Killing Floor. And the characters are another assortment of the lucky survivors of the Horzine outbreak:
- Harold Hunt: Harold was the front man for the underground punk band “The Fecking Nancies”, who played mingin’ pubs and bars all over South London. And if he wasn’t screaming into a microphone about anarchy and chaos he was out causing it by kicking the shite out of cockneys, chavs and pikies before stealing their bling. Courtesy of the Horzine outbreak, he’s finding out what real anarchy and chaos is.
- Kerry Fitzpatrick: After disfiguring one inmate in his last prison fight, the others stopped calling “Kerry” a girl’s name. During his transfer to the high-security psych ward at Broadmoor, he watched the guards get eaten by a herd of crazed, emaciated mutants. Kerry took pleasure ripping apart the monsters before looting the dead prison guards. From life in prison to a free man in seconds, Kerry has found a world where he truly fits in.
- Trooper Clive Jenkins: When he wasn’t jumping out of airplanes and breaking heads for the British government, Jenks could usually be found getting rat-arsed in the pubs of Aldershot and picking fights with civvies. C Company was on standby when word of the outbreak struck. They loaded into the Herc and jumped over London. Straight into a mob of chainsaw-wielding nutters. Come and get some, ya ponces!
- Paramedic Alfred Anderson: Working nightshift for the hospital can be interesting. It’s also a good place to stock up on supplies when the whole city has turned into a cannibalistic feeding frenzy. Well equipped and knowledgeable, Alfred’s a good ally to have when a fleshless creature is beating down your door.
And finally - a Special One-off Character: to celebrate the upcoming release of “The Ball”, we are releasing a new playable character for Killing Floor – the hero from The Ball – Harchier Spebbington himself. The character will be available exclusively to anyone who pre-purchases The Ball from Steam before the release on 26th October. Pre-orders for The Ball launch on 18th October 2010, so move quick because once pre-orders are finished no more of this exclusive character will be available.
We have just released an update for Killing Floor. This update addresses many exploits found in the core levels provided with the game. As an added benefit it also includes example player and weapon rigs for modders to make use of, as well as an expanded trader array so modders can add their own equipment to the list!
This update brings KF to version 1013 and requires that all servers update before you will be able to connect to them.
We’ve just released a small Killing Floor update thorugh Steam – everyone who owns the game will find it auto-updating to pick up the changes. If in doubt, just exit Steam and restart it. The issues we have picked up are:
Firstly, some general bits and pieces:
- Fixed clients hanging during map change
- Fixed an exploit found in the Perks system
- Fixed a glitch and memory leak in the Audio system
- Fixed an issue where downloaded files in the cache folder causing Perks to disable.
And secondly, some Mac-specific fixes:
- Audio effects should be correct (footsteps should be audible, player’s own gunshots should be louder, etc)
- Fixed MP7 shoot sound not playing properly
- Dedicated server working correctly
- Motion blur, windowed mode and crossbow scope should now work on all ATI GPUs
- No longer forces crossbow scope to “Textured” mode at startup
- And some other minor fixes.
This includes the Killing Floor DLC packages.