We’ve just released a small Killing Floor update thorugh Steam – everyone who owns the game will find it auto-updating to pick up the changes. If in doubt, just exit Steam and restart it. The issues we have picked up are:
Firstly, some general bits and pieces:
- Fixed clients hanging during map change
- Fixed an exploit found in the Perks system
- Fixed a glitch and memory leak in the Audio system
- Fixed an issue where downloaded files in the cache folder causing Perks to disable.
And secondly, some Mac-specific fixes:
- Audio effects should be correct (footsteps should be audible, player’s own gunshots should be louder, etc)
- Fixed MP7 shoot sound not playing properly
- Dedicated server working correctly
- Motion blur, windowed mode and crossbow scope should now work on all ATI GPUs
- No longer forces crossbow scope to “Textured” mode at startup
- And some other minor fixes.
This includes the Killing Floor DLC packages.
Killing Floor has been reduced to 75% off the normal retail price for the next 21 hours. If you have been waiting, now is the time to join the fun before the firebug starts heating things up for the summer. Don’t forget to gift the game to a friend and save him from the terror of the outdoors.
Killing Floor Mac Update Released
We’ve been hard at work since we released Killing Floor for the Mac last Wednesday to address the issues that have been discovered since the launch. We’re happy to report that an update has just been released that addresses many of these issues. Here are the changes:
- Fixed windowed mode rendering nothing on some GPUs.
- Fixed screen going blank when player takes damage on some GPUs (ATI X1600, etc).
- Fixed crossbow scope view not rendering on some maps on all GPUs.
- Fixed terrain rendering on systems without GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit (GMA950 GPUs).
So now all Mac players can experience the Crossbow the way it was meant to be played – with the full 3d scope. Just go into your detail settings and set the scope to one of the 3d options. We will continue to address issues as we find them. Moving forward there are a couple of things we are already working on:
- Bloom is not supported on the Mac build. Working to get this functionality enabled.
- Performance improvements
The game will automatically update through Steam. If you are in doubt that it has, just exit Steam and restart it.